Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Thing Lucky 13

I can definitely see where I would have benefited greatly from a del.icio.us account when I was in grad school. I had an extensive list of bookmarks - and to see where the "social" aspect of a delicious bookmark would have taken me would not only be interesting - but very useful. I could have seen where in the world sites that were relevant to my work were also permeating. Was only the library world interested in the things I was, or was the art world more interested? Did it spill over into pop culture? Presumably this tool would have given me a bit more insight into my specialization at the time. Plus - and this is a great thing - it is portable, so to speak.

It would be terribly useful today, too, if I were involved in research. ESPECIALLY because it is portable. I don't have anything useful to bookmark at the moment. But one day I may, so I've re-discovered my old delicious account, which had a total of one entire bookmark. One. Now it has three!

I find the various library delicious accounts intriguing. Mostly that they are so different, and you can tell they are used for different purposes. When I have more time, I'd like to explore these more extensively.

See my very exciting 3 bookmark account at http://del.icio.us/bookgal145

No comments: