Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The 18th Thing - the Thing that Almost Got Away.

Well, I have tried my very best - including the technique of typing on the keys with a little more force and pressure, but I can't get Google Docs to recognize this blog. It keeps defaulting back to my other blogger blog - and my nice little Thing 18 post is being added / deleted / added / deleted to that blog instead of this one. That's a bit frustrating. But - I'm going to stop tying and just cut and paste the text from my google doc:
--

And can I get rid of comments? -Bookgal145 8/15/07 8:18 PM This Will Be My Title. Oh Yes It Will.

Here I am experimenting with web apps. I'm wondering if I can format this document like I would non-web-based word processing software. And I'm frightened of what it may be keeping track of up there in that revisions tab. Because, you see, I type speedily and make many embarrassing mistakes. And do I get spell-checking software. Because I'm certain I just misspelled "embarrassed." And you will all know that because:

1. I do not have spell check

and

2. The revisions tab is playing big-brother on me!

Well, let's check it out, shall we?

--Sandy
Hmm. Wonder what a comment looks like? -Bookgal145 8/15/07 8:18 PM
Good news! There is a spell-check. I see it at the bottom of the screen. Also, I do like that I'm not being auto-formatted.

After having read the zoho document that was posted in our lesson - I have to agree that the portability of web apps is a great feature. I do not have Microsoft Word at home, so I cannot access documents (such as emergency contact lists if we have a building closing) from my home. I have to rely on printed versions - and those become outdated quickly. I may have to make a Google docs version! I could read it from anywhere!

Okay, I'm going to attempt to post this to my blog and see what happens. Right after I run that spell check.

No comments: