Sunday, August 19, 2007

Thing 19

Thing 19

Well, I had to do it. I had to look at the 43 Things website for my "Thing 19" discovery exercise. I think the site is fantastic, and I was enjoying tooling around the place. However, I wanted to come up for air before I got stuck. It seems like the site might be a great big time user! Especially for the always-curious information professional set!

How would this be used in a library setting? Good question. Clearly, you could stop by the 43 Things site to see how others do things - find a fellow artist or writer or bicycle enthusiast who can share tips, ideas, and information. So patrons might actually benefit from it. After only a moderate exploration, it seems to be a nice, organic knowledge base that is constantly fluctuating. There may be great things to find and explore in this site. I also like the currency of the site. You know that trends and popular culture will be prevalent in such a space. I may find my way back, both for personal and professional reasons, in the near future.

No comments: